A week after purchase, Cujo decides where to place the fan. Honestly, I was a little worried about cutting a hole in the roof of the van. Luckily, Cujo did his research and knows how to follow the lines.
|Measuring and drawing the lines to cut.|
|Cujo is making the cut!|
|Success! Bugger has a hole in the roof.|
Next step, is to install the fan into the whole and test:
- Adhere the Impact3D roof adapter to the roof of the van with 3M Window Weld and let cure for 12 hours
- Set the fan body into the hole and drill pilot holes through the adapter and roof for the screws
- Add a layer of butyl tape around the perimeter of the fan body
- Screw the body into the adapter and roof.
- Cover the adapter and lip of fan body with Dicor Self Leveling Sealant.
Dicor Self Leveling Sealant applied
- Test the van!